US Government Made Easy For Veterans
VA Loan Information
VA Health Care
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Overview
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder can occur following a life-threatening event like military combat, natural disasters, terrorist incidents, serious accidents, or violent personal assaults like rape. Most survivors of trauma return to normal given a little time. However, some people have stress reactions that don't go away on their own, or may even get worse over time. These individuals may develop PTSD.
People who suffer from PTSD often suffer from nightmares, flashbacks, difficulty sleeping, and feeling emotionally numb. These symptoms can significantly impair a person's daily life.
PTSD is marked by clear physical and psychological symptoms. It often has symptoms like depression, substance abuse, problems of memory and cognition, and other physical and mental health problems. The disorder is also associated with difficulties in social or family life, including occupational instability, marital problems, family discord, and difficulties in parenting. If you are suffering from PTSD, or know someone who is, the following list of resources and information will help you find help in dealing with PTSD and related conditions.
- National Center for PTSD
- PTSD FAQs
- What You Need to Know About PTSD
- Readjustment Counseling Resources
- Military OneSource
- Army Behavioral Health Website
NURSING HOMES UPDATE
All states have a Nursing Facility Medicaid program that provides general health coverage plus coverage for nursing home services. These services include room and board, nursing care, personal care and therapy services.
Nursing Facility Medicaid may pay for a stay in a nursing home if you need a “nursing-home level of care” or meet nursing home “functional eligibility criteria; and have income and assets below certain guidelines.
More information Click Here
Below are web-sites that provide information on Veterans benefits and how to file/ask for them.
- Board of Veteran's Appeals
- Center for Minority Veterans
- Center for Women Veterans
- Compensation Rate Tables
- Directory of Veterans Service Organizations
- Geriatrics and Extended Care
- VA Hearings from the House Committee of Veteran's Affairs
- VA Office of General Counsel
- VA Benefits Brochure
- VA War-Related Illness and Injury Center
- Homeless Veterans
- VA National HIV/AIDS Program
- VA Public Health Smoking Cessation Program
- VA Mental Health
- National Cemetery Administration (Burial and Memorials)
- National Foundation for Women Legislations